Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - Favorite Male Mystery Author

Thanks to Lori's Reading Corner for the idea for another Meme. I love these things lol

Basically every Saturday she will put up a new topic and everyone who participates posts on their blog about it. This week's spotlight (my first one!) is to tell about my favorite male mystery writer!

I had a hard type picking considering its true - I am gender-biased and usually read works by women - but I finally picked James Patterson. The first book I ever read by him was Along Came a Spider and it was AH-FREAKING-MAZING! One of the best suspense/thriller/mysteries of all time in my not-so-humble opinion. I could read it over and over again (if I ever locate my tattered copy lol). He really has a knack for pulling in his readers from page 1, paragraph 1 and not letting go. Naturally, he has had some misses (like most of the books in the Women's Murder Series!) but overall, he's a keeper and has earned his millions hehe. Other books I HIGHLY recommend by him are The Beachouse and Kiss the Girls.

7 comments:

  1. James Patterson is also my pick! I love his books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to give Patterson another try. Especially seeing as he's a favorite of so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another James Patterson fan here. He is also my pick for today's Spotlight. I agree about his writing style grabs you from page 1. My spotlight can be found here
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lurve James Patterson too...Kiss the Girls is a fave f mine but sadly he's only number too for me because Stieg Larsson is the one who got me into this genre and lead me towards James Patterson...great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love JP too! Love the Maximum Ride series and the Women's Murder Club. Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, dropping by from the hop! for a new blog, this one looks really promising :) My favourite male author is definitely John Green :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding a book that I want to read again and again until it's in tatters. :-)

    ReplyDelete